Friday, January 9, 2009

May Marathon

I have decided I will be running a marathon on May 3. I was worried about running a marathon this late in the spring, as I didn't want it to interfere with my triathlon season, but I think it will be OK, as will have over a month to recover (and hopefully this time, I will be better trained, thus less recovery time.)

Now, to decide which one. This year for me is all about saving money (thus no Half IM on the schedule anymore).

Why, you may ask? It's that time of life for me- Wedding Year(s)!! I have three weddings on the calendar, all of which will require travel (LONDON! yay). I am SO excited, but need to plan wisely so I can attend and enjoy the festivities.

SO, my options, which are a result of the least amount of costs involved (read: entry fee, travel expense):

NJ Marathon
Long Island Marathon
Frederick, MD Marathon
Potomac River Run Marathon
Providence Marathon
  • Frederick is tempting so my family can share the experience.
  • NJ is popular with the NY-crowd, and there is easy transit race morning
  • Have read Long Island it is more geared towards the 10k and Half marathon crowds.
  • The River Run is a low key, grass roots run. I am leaning towards this.
  • Providence is obvs more travel, and would require hotel, but I love Providence!

I don't think I need to rush to make a decision but to have it on the calendar will motivate me through my 14/15 miles in the snow tomorrow.

I am thinking it could be cool to run over the Brooklyn Bridge in the snow, I will try to get some pretty pics!

1 comment:

  1. If you decide to do Frederick plan to stay the night before as last year I did the 1/2 and drive there and the trafic jam to enter was really bad, people were running on the highway to get to the start.

    ReplyDelete