Saturday, January 10, 2009

GREAT weekend :)

Just finished 14.6 miles in the snow.  Wasn't too bad until the last hour, when the snow really started coming down and was sticking to the road.  I decided to stick to the Park in case conditions got really bad, and it was probably a good decision.  

Ironically, my run got way better once the snow really started to come down, it took my mind off the miles and pace, and I couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face.  And it got even better when I realized the tennis court bathrooms were open, as I was about to cut my run a few miles short :)

Now my whole body is bright red and itchy.  No ice bath for this girl, I feel like I just took a 2 hour ice bath.

I returned home to a text from a friend inviting me to the EAGLES- GIANTS playoff game tomorrow!!!  Although I am a Redskins fan at heart, I love football and am so, so excited.  We are sitting in a box on the 50 yard line, so the free food, free beer, and warmth of the box makes it even better.

It is still snowing and they are calling for anywhere form 3-8' inches, depending who you listen to.  I'm off now to gather ingredients for a yummy Baked Ziti and wine night at my apartment with a few friends. 

Perhaps following by an 80s themed birthday party.

GREAT weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment