Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Making it all offical.

St. Anthony's- officially deferred until 2009 (second year in a row! I WILL do this race in my life ha!)

Eagleman- just got email confirmation of my cancellation. Luckily it's a race where you can get a partial refund, so at least it's something. I also figure that with the unexpected refund, I will treat myself to something fun and useful for my trip. And as luck would have it- they just came out with new color I-pod!. I already have the pink shuffle, which is GREAT for working out, but is not as practical for commuting/traveling, and also doesn't work with my I-home (my previous I-pod mini is slowly dying of old age).

*******************************************
I guess the process of accepting a serious injury is admitting what you can and can't do and coming to terms with it. I think am doing OK with it all. The race I am honestly most upset about is the Half Marathon in Cape Town, just because I feel like it is something I will never get the chance to do again. As an international entrant, I was automatically entered into the 'International Friendship 5k' that is the day before the main race, I may am hoping I may just be able to walk it and still take part. And honestly, it may be fun to be a spectator at one of the biggest marathons in Africa.

Got the MRI last night. Let me share some valuable information: If you have an upset stomach, reschedule any type of procedure where you will be tied down for over a half hour. I have what you may call a 'nervous' stomach. When I get nervous about things, my stomach is what reacts. In often times predictable, but sometimes not, ways. So I tried to collect myself before being velcro-ed to the machine and put into a tube of magnets for 35 minutes. Happy to say I made it without any 'mishaps', however, when they started to take me out, I practically jumped off the table to run to the bathroom. Sorry if TMI.

Oh well, glad it's over. I am sure the dinner of Reeses Pieces and Cherry Coke Zero I had after my swim didn't help matters. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment