Monday, November 2, 2009

3:42:56

Perfect day in every way. I don't have the words to describe how great I felt the entire race, including how incredibly awful I felt the last 3 miles.

Went out in 1:50 exactly and it wasn't until that point I let go and realized I would be OK. Ran my heart out coming up 1st Avenue and paid dearly for it coming back up 5th, but I wouldn't take a second back of the entire race. Not even saying 'I need to slow down' after each mile for the first 13.1 miles :)

There is absolutely nowhere to look back and find the 2 minutes between me and Boston. It will come eventually, but that was never the goal. 40 minutes faster than last year and running only a 2 minute positive split? Couldn't have written a better ending.

4 comments:

  1. You killed it. AND you've got a picture with both feet off the ground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog I connected to you through another non-profit blog. I agree I could never find a pic of me running with both feet off the ground either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i discovered your blog when doing a search on nyc running and have been addicted ever since. So so impressed how much you totally stormed it yesterday, you should be very proud and maybe treat yourself to that La Mer watch after you can walk of course:-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was hoping your day was grand!! and it was..Great day @ the office i shall say

    ReplyDelete