They changed the date of the NYC Triathlon this year, so it again falls on the same date as Lake Placid, bummer.
And now the NJ State Triathlon is the SAME date, too!
You would think SOMEONE would realize that many people would want to do two, if not all three, of these races!?
It's so hard to plan your life 10 months in advance, especially when I am actively trying to get relocated to Africa. Feels like I am throwing away the entry fees in a way.
Oh, and $225 for an OLY? Gag me. (But when you consider, no travel costs and hotel, etc, it probably ends up cheaper, BUT still $225 upfront just KILLS me for an OLY.) I could do probably two other local OLYs for that price. 100% lame and I don't think at ALL justified, as the course/race hasn't changed at all over the past two years, just the price!
First - sick race at Grete's! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteSecond - that scheduling is so dumb, and there's no reason for it. Even for people who won't be racing all them, some people (me!) would have liked to have volunteered or spectated at NYC Tri. I understand they have to deal with the current, but they couldn't even get THAT right this year! (Frankly, I think the NYC tri is a waste - if it wasn't in NYC, I can't imagine that it would ever sell out. And especially not at that price!)
Bummer. But you dont' want to swim in the Hudson anyway.
ReplyDeleteYou are trying to relocate to Africa? Cool, can I come visit and crash on your couch for a few days?