I got a comment last night about my Obama post. It was by an anonymous poster (big surprise), questioning my support of Obama. I chose to reject this comment, but right away I regretted doing this. I have tried to publish it, but is seems that I cannot.
All I have to say, and I said it my original post, is that the beauty of our country and our system is that we are all allowed to have our own opinions and views. The anonymous poster is allowed to question my support, and I should not have rejected the comment. If it had not been anonymous, I would not have.
...And if the commenter is still lurking, the response is a resounding YES. I am still in full support of Obama. There is controversy and misunderstanding surrounding the past and present of all the candidates, and I have taken them into consideration in my support, but have taken them in context, not in the light that may be painted by the media, or by another candidate.
To help you out, I'll resend my comments. Perhaps phrased a different way.
ReplyDeleteIt is not 'media' painting but fact that:
- Obama has no experience to lead this country. No military, economic or foreign policy experience.
- He is associated with 2 terrorists. 1 who actually bombed sites in the US and 1 who is a fund raiser for Al Qaida, under investigation by the FBI
- He attended church with a racist pastor, who spewed that venom for over 20 yrs and did not leave. What if this had been a white candidate and a pastor spewing his hate toward blacks?
- His wife is not proud to be an American. She said it herself.
If you don't believe these facts from me, look them up.
I'm glad we have the freedom in this country to choose our own political candidate. Personally, I'm not happy with any of them. But I certainly can not support Obama.
D.