Monday, December 8, 2008

Off the Wagon.

At some point last week (Thursday night at 9pm, to be exact), I fell off the wagon. I have been very good about my food choices, getting to the gym, and not drinking to excess, but I am not sure what got into me this weekend.

Thursday night, I was invited to dinner at Bobo, a new place downtown that has gotten mixed reviews. The people I went with are family friends of the chef, and the meal turned out to be absolutely fabulous. The chef sent out some appetizers (he managed to put a new and amazingly delicious spin on ahi tuna and avocado), and the wine was free flowing. The burger (with fried leeks and Gruyere cheese) was AMAZING, and I'm a hard one to impress when it comes to burgers. I will definitely return to this place, and order the burger without even considering other options.

Friday night, I had 1.5 too many margaritas. Of the frozen mango variety. And perhaps ate my weight in fresh corn chips.

Saturday's activies have already been described.

Yesterday after the 10k I hibernated a bit and headed downtown to make Roasted Tomato Soup with friends- SO incredibly good and easy. And healthy, except I chose to down at least a bottle of red while we caught up on Californication. WHY?

Today I feel like crap (Go figure). Tomorrow's is my first of many holiday-work parties over the next few weeks. And even though I was so excited to plan it at Flute Bar on a 2/1 special night, I think I may not be partaking in the bubbly.

Now I have to get creative for the white-elephant gift exchange for tomorrow night. I am having trouble thinking past the overdone 'Starbucks mug with a Gift Card' idea.


*Edit- so classic. About 2 minutes after posting, and planning a healthy evening of running followed by grilled salmon and veggies, I got invited to dinner at The Mermaid Inn. It's seafood- I think I can at least be semi-healthy, right?? How can I say no to a free dinner at a place I have been wanting to try forever???

No comments:

Post a Comment