I have been overwhelmed with life the past week. Life in general- work, love, life, anything and everything. I decided I needed to take this weekend to NOT think about the fact that I am leaving the country on Thursday for 6 weeks.
NOT think about how to pack for 6 weeks and 2 continents, work and travel, and roughly 3 climates.
NOT think about the fact that I cannot and have not run in over a month.
...So instead of making lists and loading up on immodium at the drug store, I have been sitting at my computer and cursing MAC. I switched to MAC in grad school and have never had a complaint.
Until Thursday.
What happened thursday?
Well I got my new I-pod in the mail, plugged it in to charge/load all my 4G of music and playslists....and found out that my MAC Operating System (10.3.9) is TOO OLD for the newest generation I-pod (yes, my fault, should have read the fine print). So in order to get my music onto the new I-pod I would need to shell out ANOTHER $150 for a new operating system, for my PERFECTLY good MAC ibook G4, which is only 3 1/2 years old.
So, after much googling and searching for ways around this (there aren't), I am simply having to transfer ALL my music onto my work laptop, via a flash drive. Yes, PAIN IN MY ASS. Yes, I will have to recreate all my playlists. But the truth is, it has been an amazing way to take my mind off the fact that I should be packing this weekend.
Excuse me, I need to go drop and drag some Robin Thicke onto the new computer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment