Monday, August 16, 2010

Breaking the silence.

After Eagleman I fell into a bit of a funk. I know I shouldn't (and I'm not) disappointed in my race or the result, but I had some trouble re-focusing and figuring out the recovery from such a long and hard day. I tried to get back into training too soon and was totally depleted and needed to let my body rest and re-set.

I got in some good training in early July and threw in a fun Aquathon with the boy to test out the race legs. We got matching hardware :) - 3rd overall.


As of August 1, I am all in for Syracuse 70.3 - I have been able to find my motivation, be honest with myself about my goals for the rest of the season and into next year, and have the time and support I need to try to accomplish these goals.

I was able to fit a small, local triathlon (not-quite-OLY distance) into a long training weekend at the Jersey Shore this past weekend, and am very pleasde with the outcome, my best ever to date - 2nd overall!! It was the most painful run off the bike I have EVER done, but I am happy with the pace and it was a good test of where my fitness is and what I need to do over the next 5 weeks before Syracuse.

Welcome back!

4 comments:

  1. nice to see you writing again and kicking some ass at a couple come-back races. maybe the downtime was just what you needed for a killer race at Syracuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay yay yay, your life is back online! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-Crocodile-Double-Buckle-Rain-Boots/14325608

    Saw these and kind of reminded me of the Croco Hunter Wellies you posted once...not as cute by way cheaper!

    ReplyDelete