Dear legs,
I am sorry for yesterday. I know you wanted to be done at mile 9.5. I made you run 12.7. It still wasn't the 15 we needed to get done.
Please come back to me before November 1. Thanks, S
Taper is...taper. My legs feel worse than they have felt the entire 3+ months I have been focusing on this race. My long run yesterday was the slowest run I have done in weeks, maybe even months. But that's OK, the work is done. I just need to listen to my body.
I need to officially let go of 'my plan'. It has gotten me this far, healthy with more miles under my legs than ever before- but NOW I need to listen to my legs and body, and let them rest enough to be ready to carry me 26.2 miles on November 1. Because I know they can!!
i forgot how crazy your body feels during a real taper! if only i could work out enough that i'd have something to "taper" off from :) you're going to be fab!
ReplyDelete