Sunday, August 3, 2008

A half iron weekend....

...that confirms I will be doing the Annapolis OLY for my last tri of the season (if I can work out the logistics).

On Friday morning, I did an easy 30 minute continuous long-course swim (roughly 2000 yards, just short of the HIM distance). I then hopped right on my bike and rode out to Piermont and back, for a total of three hours in the saddle (the time I would hope to finish a HIM bike). Didn't quite hit the HIM distance as I had hoped, but when you add in the time it takes to ride through the Manhattan streets, 3 hours was fine.

Then this morning, I ran 14 miles. Best long run yet, longest run I have ever done.

And now I realize I have ABSOLUTELY no desire to put these three things together at once, and to have to do them in a row. And the more important thing is, I think I am finally OK with that. I know I am physically capable of doing it- next weekend if I had to. Which is reassuring. However, I do have some time goals in my mind, (how could I not?) and I think based on where my fitness stands now, it would do me (and my confidence) better in the long run to keep working on the base and focus on the HIM distance next season.

Decision finally made.

No comments:

Post a Comment